About The Arc
About The Arc of Centre County:
- The Arc is a non-profit organization supporting the needs of persons with Intellectual and Development Disabilities (IDD) in Centre County since 1953.
- Our Mission: The Arc of Centre County embodies and protects the human rights of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and practices person-centered planning which actively supports their full inclusion and participation in the community throughout their lifetimes.
- The Arc offers an array of community services, focusing its efforts on ensuring the rights of persons with developmental disabilities, supporting their families, and helping each person reach his or her personal best.
- The Arc is composed of people from all walks of life.
- Through changes and growth and from progressive Medical-Model Residential Programs to our cutting edge Career Discovery program, The Arc has never altered its ultimate goal which is to provide support to persons with developmental disabilities their families.
- From our website you may explore services employment opportunities, make donations and more!
- The Arc office is open Monday-Friday from 8:30am-4:00pm.
About The Arc in 30 seconds:
The Arc is a nonprofit organization advocating for the seven million people in America with intellectual and developmental disabilities, including Down syndrome, autism, cerebral palsy and other diagnoses. We help them achieve their life goals and become productive members of the community by creating opportunities for education, employment, housing and recreation and providing them the necessary supports through a network of more than 700 chapters across the nation. We’re changing public attitudes and fostering respect, access and inclusion. I invite you to visit our national, state or local website to find out how to achieve this with us.